An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to
meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
~ A Chinese Proverb ~

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reflections

After a busy weekend of adjusting to the time change, getting the laundry done and a big gymnastics competition (which I will share at a later date) I have a few minutes to reflect on what just happened to our family. A friend of mine asked what the one greatest moment of the trip was? But the answer isn't that easy. The trip to China was everything I had hoped for. Meeting families, visiting orphanages, reliving history and seeing the changes in China have impacted my life and that of our children. The children seem content with their discoveries and appreciative of the effort that went into planning a trip this big. I feel closer to my children and it is easy to talk with them about China. They now have a reference point for all discussions concerning their adoption. S.J. now knows all his grandparents, S.S. in her silent way has accepted her past and R.X. found a piece of her identity. What more could I as a mother ask for?

"The door to the past is unlocked and the door to the future is wide open."

No comments: